First Post !!! Introductions

    Hello, everyone! My name is Maddie Goss, and I'm a sophomore at UAF. Currently, I am a double major double minor, studying public health and anthropology for my majors and math and French for my minors. I've lived in Alaska for five years, and I absolutely love it in Fairbanks. I enjoy hiking at night with my dog, Bobber, and exploring markets and different events around town. 

    I have a long history with music. When I was five, my grandfather began teaching me how to play the piano. I remember finishing my first music book on my 6th birthday. After that, I trained under him for almost eight years, and by the time I was thirteen, I was able to play multiple concertos and waltzes (for example) without much issue. When I turned 12, I also picked up the flute and played in marching band for a year, then moved to orchestra until I was 15. I also participated in choir during middle and the beginning of high school. Now, I have neither the time nor the desire to participate in music to that extent, but I still play the piano from time to time. 

    As for the music I enjoy, I have to say I will listen to basically every genre of music. This includes country, jazz, rock, anything. I listen to classic rock the most- anything from Pink Floyd to Jimi Hendrix to Prince, and the list goes on. Here is a playlist from YouTube Music that closely resembles my own playlist on Spotify. 

Here is the image I found online that I found appealing. I really like the contrast of the yellow roses against the bright blue sky.

aesthetically pleasing💛🌒 (@unkown_shh) | Twitter

And that is all! I will be back for my next blog post. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Comments

  1. Hey, it's Maddie from my best friend's computer. All is well !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" is one of my favorite songs to teach for ukulele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I also did a minor in Mathematics. Good luck on it, it is tough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts